Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bar craze

So this post is not about something I've made recently. It's about this craze I'm on right now - BARS! and it's not those bars that we go get drunk and silly at. It's a much healthier addiction. I'm talking about fruit and nut bars, granola bars, health bars.. chewy or crunchy, it's my new favorite snack.

So here's my mission - go out and find / try as many different bars I can get my hands on in the Bay Area. They have to be healthy, little saturated fat and (wishful thinking) almost all natural ingredients. So far I'm eating these: Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut, the crunchy Nature Valley ones in brown sugar maple, peanut butter and honey oats, Odwalla Chewy Nut bars and the Luna bars. I also tried this other one from New Zealand (which I forgot what theyre called) that my cousins gave me on their second round-the-world mega trip.
It's interesting to note that in the US, we use a lot of corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup in the bars, but in Australia and New Zealand they use rice syrup instead. Which one's better, I have no clue. I'm just looking at fat content! hahhahaa.. well, we'll see how long this craze will last.. maybe I'll just go back to homemade granola and yogurt.












No comments:

Post a Comment