Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm finally on Etsy!

It's been a while since I blogged. I've been so busy trying new recipes and getting all creative baking cookies for my new Etsy store. I figured I'd try sharing / selling my cookies and treats with people other than my immediate circle of friends and family. So far it's been good, I've been on Etsy for about a week and a half although competition is kinda tough! There's so many other great stuff on there, edible and non-edible.










Anyway, here's a sampler of the cookies I have on there. From top to bottom: Lime Cornmeal, Cocoa Pistachio, Chocolate Chip, Earl Grey and Apricot Pistachio. They're all shortbread-like cookies, great with afternoon tea or coffee and all very buttery and yummy.
I'm still coming up with other flavorings and mix-ins to my cookie base and so far the Earl Grey is the big favorite. I have so many others in my mind but I can really only eat so many cookies before I burst out of my seams. So I think I'll take a break from the cookies for a weekend to make other yummy things. I have a huge craving for cupcakes and been wanting to use my pastry bag to pipe beautiful flowers and all kinds of things with a delicious buttercream frosting or a swiss meringue frosting. Maybe I'll do a coconut again or a red velvet or a strawberry...

3 comments:

  1. go for the swiss meringue! i love that kind, so much lighter than buttercream. i hate to say it, but i'm not a fan of buttercream. this is my new favorite food site, maybe you'll get some inspiration! http://www.tastespotting.com/search/cupcakes/1

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo nice! im itching to use my pastry bag.. but we'll see what happens.. i do like the meringue a lot, i made a coconut cake with meringue, yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those shortbread cookies look absolutely fabulous! Especially the Earl grey & choco chips.

    ReplyDelete